Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's incredibly past my bedtime.

And yet, here I am.

I planted what has the potential to be a wonderful little garden.... yay! I already had a tomato and jalapeno and cilantro plant, but with all of this amazing rain we've been having, the tomato is growing like a weed! Thus, I was forced to remove my pepper and cilantro, and transplant them in my little garden patch. To this I added mint, basil, dill, and lavender, as well as a watermelon and eggplant. Hooray! I seeded some collard greens, and as soon as those reach a decent size I'll add them. I'm not going to plant anything else until after July, mainly because it's just too darn hot. Well, maybe some more herbs... but no more veggies. I only picked full sun plants, but we all know that here in FL, full sun vs all day FL sun are 2 entirely different creatures. Luckily I have a fairly shaded yard, so while the garden gets plenty of sun, it's not ALL day. I also got some flowers off of the 'distressed' cart, meaning they were unsightly and dehydrated and half off, but a little TLC and they should shape up to be wonderful. We went to IKEA last weekend or so and I got a spiffy little houseplant, but within a day or so it had shrunk to half its size- and my cats were responsible! I put that little guy outside, too. I love living in Florida... I can grow stuff all year long if I want to. It's pretty sweet.

I got a new tattoo! It's an owl on the inside of my right arm. Yikes, that was not fun. BUT it's worth it- it is so beautiful! I got it for my grandma... she used to collect owls.

I have a fake crush on my Organic lab teacher. I think it's hilarious. It's because he has an accent. Stupid, stupid accents! Yeah, so not really. But still.

Okay, I really should be getting to bed- I have an exam in the am. Aah!

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - I moved in with someone once because they had an incredible accent. Just about anything the guy said sounded sexy because of it, in the beginning. Dumb girl. (me)