Friday, February 20, 2009

Giraffes and Picnics

Yay! I am going on a FABULOUS picnic tomorrow with a couple of my favorite people. And I get to try a *new* recipe! It's from Isa's Veganomicon, one of my favorite cookbooks, and even just book books. I'm making Chile and Cornmeal Crusted Tofu Po' Boys. With chipotle mayo and slaw and pickles and spicy brown mustard. And macaroni salad. I don't remember what it is officially called, but it has radishes and carrots and peas... oh my! And since I needed lemons anyways, fresh honey lemonade. Maybe with strawberries since I have some of those hanging around, too. Or blueberries... or why not both? I'm ridiculous.

And on a crafty note, I'm working on a scarf that is almost done. And a hat that is just freaking exhausting. And thanks to YouTube, I taught myself to crochet and am making a cute little Giraffe Amigurumi. I have the feeling it is just the start to a miniature crocheted cutesey army. We will have to see. 

That's all for now...

No comments: