Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh my...

We caved in and bought a Wii with our tax return. And have been sitting here all afternoon messing with it instead of doing anything we should be doing, like, say, housework. Or in hubby's case, homework. He's making a Mii instead (an avatar doohickey that looks like you that takes your place in games and such, for those of you unfamiliar with this Wii jargon). Oh well... it could be worse I suppose.

My lovely little bicycle is fixed! Hooray! It was not working right, I guess because the chains stretch after you first get it and I never took it in for its tune-up. But it's in awesome shape now. And rides great. I also got a rack thing for the back of it so I can strap my books or whatever to it... very necessary I found out the other day when I rode to school with my heavy backpack. Pretty stoked. 

So 2 weekends from now is the big backpacking trip! Hooray! We are actually going camping next weekend too, I guess, with some friends... don't know how I feel about it just because everyone there drinks, and I don't- might make for some awkwardness. Oh well. We're taking our own car just in case things turn funny, and then we can just go to Juniper or something. The cool thing about it is that we're going to be able to do a "shake-down," as Steve calls it. Since we'll have the car, we're going to pack as though we're going on the backpacking trip, just to determine what we need and don't, and play with our gear. That way we aren't stuck 30 miles away from the car without things we need, ya know? I'm excited... 2 weekends in a row outdoors with my love? Couldn't ask for much more. :)

And it is officially, FINALLY spring break! Steve made me promise that I'm not going to sit inside all week when he's not here and play Wii... I wasn't going to anyways. I already promised MYSELF that I'm doing fun stuff all week. Fun artsy stuff. That's not to say that there won't be any Wii playing in there at all, but it's going to be very limited. Plus, the weather is going to be amazing next week. Definitely some beach in there somewhere, and most definitely some bike rides. Lots of them. I'm going to ride out to Gulfport on the trail one of the days. Pretty excited. 

Well that's it for now. Going to a bowling/ karaoke birthday party at 8ish. Should be fun!

~Becky

No comments: